Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Inspirational Quotes

I’ve just been supervising the design of our Mothers’ Day supplement, which, for me and my children, will be different this year without their Mum, my wife.

I quickly surfed the Internet and found some inspirational words, which I though I’d share with you:

Inspirational Quotes on Grief, Bereavement and Death and Dying

Grief can become an overwhelming emotion. These inspirational quotes on death and grief could offer a more enlightening, comprehensive perspective on one of life's most serious topics.
More words of inspiration and daily inspiration can be found in "Life and Other Options."
For widows,widowers or anyone suffering through mourning or bereavement -- the death and loss of a close loved one -- the overwhelming sorrow and grief is unbearable. These inspirational quotes on death and grief were specially chosen for widows or widowers to offer a more enlightening, comprehensive perspective on one of life's most serious and emotional topics. Death and dying, loss and sorrow, mourning widow or widower and hopeful survivor -- all are aspects of life's larger plan.


We miss and need and pine for our dead, but we also areangry at them for having abandoned us.-- Judith Viorst


You don't really get over it; you get used to it.-- Robert S. Weiss

Funny thing about families. You think they'll hangtogether after a loss. But death doesn't necessarilyunite you.-- Anne Hosansky

You can prepare for death, but you can't grieve inadvance.-- Rabbi Howard Jaffe

Life is a series of experiences, each of which makesus bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and wemust learn that the setbacks and griefs which weendure, help us in our marching onward.-- Henry Ford

Memory is more indelible than ink.-- Anita Loos

Preserve your memories. They're all that's left you.-- Paul Simon

Do not stand at my grave and weep.I am not there. I do not sleep.I am a thousand winds that blow.I am the diamond glints on snow.I am the sunlight on ripened grain.I am the gentle autumn rain.When you awake in the morning's hushI am the soft uplifting rushof quiet birds in circling flight.I am the soft star thatshines at night.Do not stand at my grave and cryI am not there.I did not die.-- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment