Sunday, March 01, 2009

Passing of Jan Scharlach in Canada

The late Jan Scharlach (right) with huband Jim (left) and Busu High School head boy John Singas after graduation in 1983. Picture by MALUM NALU.

I have just received some sad news from my ex Busu High School teacher Jim Scharlach, in Canada, of the passing of his late wife Jan last Friday night.


“I wanted to let you know that Jan passed away last night,” Jim wrote.


“She had been fighting cancer for many years.


“She is now in a better place.”


Jim, Jan and their children were in Lae in 1981, 1983 and 1983 and they played in important role in shaping me and many other students of Busu.


Jan was a great teacher who has had a great influence on my life, particularly in reading, writing and literature.


My thoughts and prayers are with the Sharlachs at this sad moment in their lives.


I will let other ex Busu High School schoolmates know.



Malum


No comments:

Post a Comment