Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Manwau is happy

MEMBER for Wewak Moses Manwau has denied reports he had protested against the recent cabinet appointments because he was not included in the list, The National reports.
He said a newspaper headline portrayed him negatively even though he was not at Government House during the swearing-in ceremony of the ministers.
"I really felt bad be­cause I talk about issue concerning PNG and uni­ting the country and not about individual interests.
"What I said was that it was the prerogative of the prime minister to appointment a minister in East Sepik for a fair representation, knowing very well that I was out of it because I was not informed."
He said the member for Wosera-Gawi Ronald Asik and member for Telefomin Peter Iwei were at the Government House and complained publicly there.
"I only said what I felt when asked to comment, and not crying over the ministerial positions as portrayed in the newspaper," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment