Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Work begins on recovering parts


FOUR Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) officers have yet to start investigation at the crash site, according to Accident Investigation Commission (AIC) officer on the ground Lesley Sefue, The National reports.
Sefue, who is heading the team, confirmed that ATSB had two aircraft engineers in the country – one in Madang and the other in Port Moresby.
He said the team had flown in from Australia at the weekend to assist PNG investigators establish the cause of the accident.
"We have yet to commence investigation into the crash leading into the second day.
"Right now we are still removing components of the aircraft's engine and securing it from possible rain.
"There is still no concrete evidence linking the crash," Sefue said, adding there would be no information made public when investigations start.
Sefue said three Airlines PNG aircraft engineers have joined the investigators and were also providing assistance.
He also said the crash site had been sealed off and guarded to protect evidence and also because of potential health hazard

No comments:

Post a Comment