- 300 hours compressed into 95 minutes;
- No million-dollar feature actors, just six local surfers and raw footage of part of the evolution of the surfing history of PNG;
- Being world-premiered in 2011 at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City after being chosen out of 3,000 entries.
Idyllic beach scene at Lido village, Vanimo, where the Splinters movie was shot.-Pictures by MALUM NALU
|Local churches such as St Therese Catholic Church, Lido, will also need to raise their voices against violence against women.|
|Lido village has some of the best waves in PNG during surfing season.|
- Domestic violence against women;
- Empowerment of women through the power of surfing; and
- Responsibility of young people, marriage and obligations of making and raising children, and rule of law.