Sunday, December 25, 2016

Postcards from Goroka

My daughter and I are spending Christmas in Goroka, a place which is special to me, given my family's ties to this place since the 1960s.
Christmas at St John's Lutheran Church, West Goroka. My ties with this church go back to as far as 1975 as a child growing up here. My wife and I were also congregation members when we were here. My first son was baptised here.



Caught up with our bro Yalu Nagepu after Christmas Eve service at St John's Lutheran Church, West Goroka.


Taking my daughter for an evening walk at West Goroka...like I used to do with her mother...The Land of Eternal Spring...
This is the house at Rotary Park, West Goroka, where my wife and I lived in 1999 and 2000...so many memories...big house, three bedrooms, huge yard with garden, round house at the back...and just the two of us on those cold Goroka nights...
My daughter at the gate of the house at West Goroka we lived in 1975, 1976 and 1977...the Australian-built house is still standing, like many others in Goroka...



A lovely evening in West Goroka.





Cold misty morning...and I know I'm back in Goroka...
Rotary Park, West Goroka...still there after all these years...
Christmas greetings from Goroka to all my family and friends...one thing I love about this place is the beautiful flowers...











More pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment