Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a wonderful world

After all the bad news from Port Moresby and Papua New Guinea this week, it was quite refreshing to take my children for a walk to the Gerehu shopping centre this morning and see all the trees in full green and flower.
It reminded me of one of my all time favorite songs, Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World
I see trees of green...red roses too
I see em bloom...for me and you
And I think to myself...what a wonderful world
Or this poem by Joyce Kilmer
Trees

Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment