Sunday, March 08, 2009

We must keep our parks clean

I took my children for a stroll to the park at Gerehu Stage 2 in Port Moresby yesterday and was quite impressed at work on the new basketball court progressing well (pictured).
My kids went to play (pictured), while I sat on the grass, watching them play and taking pictures.
The concept of parks is a great one, long overdue in the national capital, by National Capital District Governor Powes Parkop.
However, what caught my attention was the amount of litter, mainly plastics, in the park.
Littering reflects the no-caring attitude of Papua New Guineans and this attitude has to stop.
We must be happy that we now have parks and recreational facilities for our children and do our bit by looking after them and keeping them clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment