Young Papua New Guinean leaders are being encouraged to nominate or apply for the Queen’s Young Leaders Awards.
The Awards recognise young (18-29 years) leaders from Commonwealth nations who are overcoming adversity and contributing to their communities.
This unique, life-changing Award provides winners with a tailored package of training and mentoring and a one-week residential programme in the UK, during which they will receive their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the work they are already doing in their communities.
Each application/nomination for the award must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants/nominees need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
2. Applicants/nominees must be aged between 18 and 28 before December 16, 2014. This ensures that all Award winners will be under the age of 30 by the time they finish the one-year programme.
3. Applicants/nominees must be citizens of a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territory (of a Commonwealth Member).
5. All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee.
6. Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals
Applications close on October 10.
Applications and nominations must be lodged online atwww.queensyoungleaders.com