Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tiensten: I only missed two sittings

By ISAAC NICHOLAS

POMIO MP Paul Tiensten insists he has only missed two sessions of parliament – on Aug 6 and Sept 20 – and calls it mischievous his suspension by Speaker Jeffery Nape, The National reports.
“My calculation is very clear. I only missed the Aug 6 and Sept 20 sessions of parliament,” he said after the House was adjourned to today.
Tiensten jokingly said his head was very clear – even if he was in “the Cayman Islands or Middle East” as reported by a media organisation.
“This is the third sitting of parliament which I know that if I miss will result in such a situation but I was in parliament,” he said.
Tiensten said the assertion by Nape that he had missed the Aug 9 meeting was mischievous because Aug 9 was the continuation of the Aug 2 meeting of parliament.
Southern Highlands Governor Anderson Agiru came out in defence of Tiensten and Grand Chief Sir Michael Somare over Nape’s rulings, saying section 104 of the Constitution did not give the speaker the powers to disqualify any member of parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment