Thursday, November 24, 2011

A tribute to my beautiful wife: Louise Miria Toto - Renagi


By REG RENAGI

We live in a very uncertain world. When we leave home in the morning, we assume we will always return in the evening.
When we say goodbye to loved ones, we take it for granted we will always see them again.
We presume they know we love them, so maybe we don't say the words as often as we should.
Unfortunately, we fail to consider the mortal reality that this may not be the case...until it's too late.
Tomorrow does not always come.
Someone once said that "life is short, so keep short accounts with god".
That is wise advice, but I'd like to add that we should also keep short accounts with every person who is in the circle of our lives.
We never know when life will be dramatically changed... sometimes permanently.
Think about it. Don't allow the regrets of "if only I knew" to be the final marker in your life.
Be swift to love. Hurry to be kind. Take the time to make someone feel special.
Be quick to forgive and realize in relationships there are two people, don't hold back.
Freely give hugs and kisses, and may " I love you" be often on your lips.
This is dedicated to all of the people in my life that I love and hold close in my heart.
And to you the only that holds my heart in a way I never thought imaginable......
Some of you may recognize some of the quotes, all of them are special, just as all of you are special to me...
If only I knew I would never hear your voice again...
I would cherish your every word....every inflection in your voice, with all of my heart.
If only I knew this was our last hug, I would hold you tight and hope to never let you go.
If only I knew this was the last time the very last time I would see you I would take the time to treasure everything about you.
If only I knew that disagreements did not mean a lack of love. I would have been hurt less often,
If only I knew Tomorrow was not coming I would ask you to forgive me for any wrong I may have done to you,
If only I knew this as our final kiss, I would use it to tell you that you are the love of my life...for ever.
If only I knew I could never share another day with you, I would make the most of every second, every minute and every hour.
I wish on that fateful day that I last said goodbye to you, I should have told you I loved you in the living years.
IF ONLY I KNEW...

2 comments:

  1. Georgina12:03 AM

    What a fitting, sincere and emotional tribute to your best friend, your soulmate, your literally "other half". May your find comfort and peace in however many ways you express these sad and painful emotions. And if you didn't say 'I love you' in the last seconds she knew you loved her and she loved you too. You said it in your own unique ways only known to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Louise?

    Are you still in PNG? I wish i could come back and visit Yule island again. The island was like... Well, Paradise is the only word i can best describe it.

    ReplyDelete