Monday, November 17, 2008

Post-Courier scoops media awards and causes a drunken brawl!

I notice the Post-Courier came out big today, expect, extolling its own virtues about how good it was.
The fact of the matter is that they nominated themselves for the awards they and their reporters received.
The National could have beaten them any day, in any way, but nominations didn't go in as expected.
I am widely regarded as the best feature writer in the country but I don't go around boasting like some of these drunk Post-Courier journalists last Saturday evening at the Hideaway Hotel in Port Moresby.
Post-Courier journalists cannot behave themselves if their behaviour at the 2008 media awards last Saturday night were any indication.
They caused a big drunken brawl after scooping up the awards!
And don't forget that the Post-Courier is now history as The National is by far Papua New Guinea's leading daily newspaper!

Malum Nalu

7 comments:

  1. Malum, I enjoy your feature articles and agree that you are one of PNG's best feature article journalist.

    Used to enjoy the feature articles you write of PNG's talented and outstanding professionals making it big time overseas. I thought that was really motivating for us up-and-coming PNGians such as myself when I was still studying.

    Just curious why you stopped and will you revive that column again...

    Keen reader of your features..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Solomon.

    I'm very busy now as supplements editor of The National and will try to revive that column.

    Thanks again.

    Malum

    ReplyDelete
  3. All-in brawl at Papua New Guinea media awards

    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24662729-12335,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:21 AM

    I have read your blog this morning . The bravenet question is serious. If Taiwan leaders can resign for the best interest of their country, what about our leaders? They should resign as well. Looks like the law was designed for grassroots and not top elites and politicians.. I wonder where Papua New Guinea is heading to.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:10 AM

    'I am widely regarded as the best feature writer in the country but I don't go around boasting like some of these drunk Post-Courier journalists last Saturday evening at the Hideaway Hotel in Port Moresby'.... haha, you are boasting my friend, to the whole online world my freind.

    Actually Simon wasn't really boasting, he was just drunk, someone with the innitials NA from PC started the fight and like all good cowards, let Simon get smashed.

    Mate, you seem pretty hurt that PC won all those awards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,

    At my age and with my experience, I'm not hurt at all, but like good wine, am getting better and better with age.

    Good luck with the 'PC Boxing Club'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for Timothy Bonga to resign from the high office he is holding because of the part he played in the 'Taiwan Scandal'.

    malum

    ReplyDelete