Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A final goodbye to a beautiful wife

By REG RENAGI

We were young and full of life when we met in the 70s.
We also became good friends since high school for 41 years when it all suddenly ended for me and my beautiful wife from Yule Island.
My marriage came to a terrible end too when my wife and 27 other passengers perished in an air crash in Madang province last October, 2011.
We had been together for 39 years, 3 months and 13 days until that fateful day.
Last Saturday,  7 January 2012, I said my final goodbye to a beautiful wife and friend in an emotional memorial service as a tribute to her.
After the funeral service I took her remains in a small casket (that was all that remained of her) to the Funeral Home to be cremated.
Once there, a brief prayer was said over her casket and I hugged and kissed her casket before leaving it along with the funeral attendants.
I did not immediately leave as I hesitated a while longer with tears running down my cheeks.
I felt so sad and did not want to leave her alone there with strange people who do not know her.
I hated the thought that in a matter of a few hours will reduce her to ashes for me to collect the next day.
I cried the whole weekend and brought her ashes back to the family home on Monday this week.
Yes, she was my best friend for 41 years and God took what was all alone his until the day I am called by him to join my loved ones in heaven.
Goodbye my darling, Louise Toto Miria; and I will forever be grateful to you for making me very happy during your short time on earth.
May your beautiful soul rest in eternal peace

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    Very touching piece. Life is indeed too short to take loved ones for granted. Rest in Peace Louise.

    ReplyDelete