Sunday, July 19, 2009

We finally have our first cucumber harvest

The garden as it as before harvesting
Jr Malum, Keith and Moasing
Jr Malum, Keith and Moasing
'You reap what you sow'
Sharing the spoils of the first harvest
Keith reaches out for his share
Four luscious, green, mouth-watering cucumbers
Keith munches away on fresh backyard cucumber
And for those of you from all over the world who have been faithfully following the adventures of me, my four children and our cucumber garden, I'm pleased to report that we had our first harvest today: four lusicious, green and mouth-watering cucumbers.
As you know, it's been a long and patient wait - after the trials and tribulations of my children having their first garden ripped off by the neighbourhood bullies - however, has proved true that old adage "you reap what you sow".
And I'm happy that despite living in a city like Port Moresby, I'm teaching my children about backyard gardening and self-reliance!
Happy Gardening!

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Malum, fresh vegies are the best for healthy young kids like yours, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your support Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great... glad you persevered with this. Don't give in to intimidation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malum,
    This brought a smile to my face this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it did. Thanks for all your support Jamon.

    ReplyDelete